Virtuoso Legal give an overview of some of the legal aspects of international trade that new exporters should be preparing for in the coming years, including:
- How to protect your Intellectual Property in overseas markets
- What you need to know about GDPR as an exporter
- Things to consider when drawing up international contracts
- What you can do to mitigate the risks of Brexit on IP and contracts
The Institute of Export & International Trade has partnered with Virtuoso Legal to offer a set of video learning modules concerning trade marks (or “trademarks” as they are known in the USA). With each module you will also receive a handy handout which covers the main points in the video:
You can purchase each video separately or purchase the complete series of 12 videos for £250 +VAT (member price, non-members £310 +VAT), saving £50. To purchase the complete set please use the link at the bottom of the page.
The following questions were asked to the panel:
- Will we need to re-apply to register designs in the UK after Brexit?
- What’s the likelihood of defending GCC patents against infringement in GCC states
- How do you limit a distributor from supplying competing products?
- What do you do if your partner is in breach of GDPR?
- How does GDPR apply in the Middle East?
- What impact will Brexit have for food and drink exporters?
Virtuoso Legal are a boutique firm of world class intellectual property solicitors. Over the past 10 years they have successfully represented clients in hundreds of intellectual property matters.
Open to Export webinars are powered by the Institute of Export & International Trade – the UK’s only professional body representing international trade.
Catch up with all of our webinars at opentoexport.com/webinars