Covid-19: Export Controls and Licences
Companies and organisations importing and exporting a wide range of goods and products need to be aware of rapidly changing temporary measures that governments around the world are making in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, to avoid unnecessary costs or to inadvertently contravene regulations.
The range of goods that is being controlled is very broad, not just limited to pharmaceutical products, respirators, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g. masks and gloves), hand sanitisers and other cleaning supplies. Controls are now being applied to range of food products. There is a range of measures, also, including prohibitions, quarantines, tariff reductions and licensing requirements.
The UK regulator, the Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) is taking measures to ensure there will be minimum disruption to the export licence application process, as well as the advice provided during this period. The ECP of the IOE&IT has also announced changes to help members during the epidemic.
In this 1-hour webinar, representatives from the Institute of Export & International Trade’s Export Control Profession board and the Department for International Trade’s Export Control Joint Unit cover:
- EU controls relating to PPE and how they apply to UK
- Continuation of export licensing during the pandemic
- Controls on medical supplies
- Importance for Export Control staff to communicate with their companies and supply chains
- The response of the IOE&IT and the Export Control Profession board to the crisis
If we didn’t get to your questions, please contact: email@example.com
- Sign up for ECJU Notices to Exporters
- 2020/07 – export control training courses cancelled
- 2020/08 – coronavirus (COVID-19) – export licence handling
- 2020/09 – Export Control Joint Unit updates guidance on compliance checks for open licences
- 2020/10 – processing licence applications during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Parallel export and hoarding of restricted medicines
- Pay no import duty and VAT on medical supplies, equipment and protective garments (COVID-19)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): export control process
- Market Access Map from ITC
- Export Control Training Institute Free Webinar
Open to Export webinars are powered by the Institute of Export & International Trade – the UK’s only professional body representing international trade, recognised by the World Trade Organisation and the International Chamber of Commerce as a ‘Small Business Champion’.
Catch up with all of our webinars at opentoexport.com/webinars