Helene Panzarino (Grant Thornton), Laura Green (UKTI) and Jenny Tooth (Angel Finance) hosted a webinar on various different sources of funding that are available to exporters.
You can watch the video of the webinar below, and check out our Recent Webinars page to access all the Open to Export webinars giving practical guidance and answers to all your exporting concerns.
There were various alternative sources of finding mentioned throughout the webinar, each bearing different financial methods.
- Crowdfunding/Peer to Peer – this method requires you to take funds from investors who then provide you with various loans to pay off.
- Requirements – in order to be part of the funding circle you would need your business to have a good credit history with the ability to make the loan repayment when stated.
- Loans – since the Funding to Cicle started up they have lent over £100,000,000 to various different companies and offer loans up to £1,000,000.
- Quick registration process – The process to register is quick and easy only taking 15 minutes through an online application. Once you’ve applied it will only take 5 working days for you to be able to receive various loans, in the meanwhile you can still apply for the loans.
- Pros and requirements – No fees will be charged when using the service and there are no contractual lock-ins meaning the service can be quite flexible for you. In terms of requirements they ask that you have a turnover of between 250k and 50million.
- Loans – The way that the loans work is they use their own money to invest in companies in return for some shares in the company. By doing this they bring their own market expertize and links to customers and suppliers.