What are the rules for a foreign national accessing Controlled products inside of the UK


Does the UK have any rules for allowing foreign nationals who are not UK Nationals accessing Controlled products inside of the UK? For instance in the US for a Foreign national to have access to a controlled product it would require a license even inside the US.

(This question was asked at one of our recent webinars on Export Controls. You can listen to this webinar on our recent webinars page at http://opentoexport.com/info/webinars/)


We do not have an equivalent to the deemed export/re-export rule in the USA so holding technical discussions with a foreign national is allowed in the UK without a licence.

Export Action Plan