We would like to export our non-hazardous liquid cleaning products, alcohol free to the USA, as this is a liquid what paperwork/authority will I require?


Do we need approval from the USA and if so which department and how do I obtain this?


Good morning Sue,

A good freight forwarder would be able to advise you on the paperwork you would need to provide to enable you to clear the goods in the US. Have you agreed terms of trade with your buyers as yet?

I would be more than happy to chat this through with you if you would like. I also have a contact name for a freight forwarder in your area that will be able to assist you if you need one.
It may also be worth speaking to your local UKTI or Institute for Export who may be able to provide assistance in this matter.

My contact number is 07803 376 971 and email paul.williams1@santander.co.uk



Information on the Customs requirements for exporting are given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise


Hi Sue

My name is Ryan from BF Projects in Belfast, We are a family run freight forwarding business, I would be happy to help with the exporting of your commodity to the USA, we have an Agent we use in the USA to clear conatiners / LCL shipments so they should be able to help us with any paper work question you have before exporting.

If you would like to contact me we can talk further.



Export Action Plan