We have an export contract which stipulates FCA (Suppliers Plant).


Within the incoterms – FCA requires our company to load goods on to client supplied vehicle. We also are required to provide documents to satisfy cleared for export – what specifically are these requirements i.e. delivery notes (how many copies) and what else??

Thank you in advance


Dear Ian
Normally it would invoices and packing list but it does depend on which country
the shipment is going to what their documentation requirements are. Please advise
us directly on email ; colin.crown@ntlworld.com or phone 01263 513127 and we
would be pleased to help.
Best regards
Colin ; Crown Freight


Hi Ian,
Firstly your terms FCA Equates to ‘Free Carrier A trade term requiring the seller to deliver goods to a named airport, terminal, or other place where the carrier operates. Costs for transportation and risk of loss transfer to the buyer after delivery to the carrier.

When used in trade terms, the word "free" means the seller has an obligation to deliver goods to a named place for transfer to a carrier.
You will firstly need to be EORI Registered then be able to supply a commercial Invoice, Packing List in order for your forwarder to raise a customs entry and also Airwaybill or Sea Bill Of Lading. Number of copies normal depends on what your buyer requires but a full set of sea freight documents normally consists of 3 originals and 6 Copies Air is slightly different.
If you would like further assistance or information please do not hesitate to call me, we have many, many years experience in this trade.

Best Regards
Ian Robery
Business Development Manager
STI Global Logistics Ltd
Unit 1 Lords Court
Cricketers Way
Basildon Essex SS13 1SS
Tel: +44 (0)1268 289653
Mobile: +44 (0)7554 117585
Fax: +44 (0)1268 289649
Email: irobery@stigl.co.uk
Website: www.stigl.co.uk


Just to add, you might need to enclose certification documents along with any other mentioned above

Export Action Plan