Veterinary certificates – Tanzania, Kenya & Nigeria


What are the export regulations and veterinary certificates required to export food from the UK to Tanzania, Kenya & Nigeria


Hi there,

I hope you get an answer to your question shortly.

In the meantime, I recommend also looking at the Institute of Export and International Trade’s helpdesk for more specific advice:



There are a number of veterinary export health certificates for all 3 countries you have listed, it depends on what the food product(s) are as to whether you can send it and what conditions must be met.

You can search by product or country at (tool or map dropdown options) to find the EHCs that you need.

Then contact us and we can advise on the specific details and get sample certificates etc.

Hope that helps

Andrew Iveson, Amivet Exports.



Export Action Plan