Transit / export for an oversea company with a branch in UK


Is it possible for a company based overseas to open a branch or have a UK based person to procure from the UK and elsewhere and export to non-EU countries?

Procurement will happen in UK or elsewhere. Exporting will be from UK.

Kindly give some advice.


Just need to be VAT registered / or obtain a broker whom is set up in the UK
For import/export related activities afore applies; would recommend setting up EORI & looking at schemes HMRC have to offer to potentially reduce re-importation of faulty materials etc. should the need arise.

If you wish to discuss options further please feel free co contact me on –




Hi Serge,

We procure items for some of our clients and as a freight forwarder can consolidate and ship on your behalf. As a UK Company we can also take care of the VAT aspect on purchases, if you would like to discuss further or email me some details I would be happy to assist. My email address is
Trust in order
Best regards


Dear Mr Khalil

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

Further detailed information regarding exporting goods outside the EU can be found on our website by using the following link:

You may find the Export Best Practice Guide particularly helpful.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Export Action Plan