Temporary Export of Packaging Equipment to China


My company is looking to set up a returnable packaging flow for one of our clients from the UK to China.

The ATA Carnet can only be used for exhibition material etc. in China, so getting an ATA Carnet for the temporary export is out of the question.

How can I apply for a temporary export license to China? How long will this take? Will I have to go through the same process every time my packaging enters China? Will I have to exit through the same port as I enter? Any other major concerns in doing this?

Thanks a lot for the help!


Many thanks for your question – I hope you get some useful answers.

I recommend also looking at the Institute of Export and International Trade’s helpdesk for more specific advice:


Export Action Plan