Selling beer from the Netherlands to sell to Spain – what documents do I need?


My company is in London. I am buying beer from the Netherlands and selling to Spain. The merchandise is not coming to UK at any point.

How does it work? what documents do I need? What tax do I have to pay? Thank you


Hi Asher,

Assuming the beer is being kept in-bond in the Netherlands, a BL and eAD would be the main documents needed to transfer the duties over to another bonded warehouse and deliver to Spain. Whether or not you pay these duties of course depends on the terms you have set with your customer (your freight forwarder’s broker should confirm the duty on beer going to Spain is not more than a few euros per case).


Export Action Plan