Safety certification for machinery overseas


Is there a UK resource that lists the current certification required for machinery in various countries? e.g. in Korea is a KCs certificate needed?


Thank you for the question – hope you get a useful answer. I recommend also looking at the Institute of Export and International Trade’s helpdesk for more specific advice:


Hi there

The website contains some information which could be relevant if you know your commodity code

At EU level, the Market Access Database contains a lot of very useful information for UK exporters to sell to countries outside the EU which have a trade agreement with the EU (like South Korea for instance).

You will need to know or find your product’s commodity code to search for the information.

For instance, if you check this link, I did a search for specific type of machinery and it lists in the last column “Specific requirements”, including certification and how to obtain it.

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards

Mathilde Murphy

Enterprise Europe Network East of England.



Export Action Plan