Requirements for Chinese visitors to the U.K.


We have a small country estate and a well established guest accommodation business. We also host approximately 40 weddings and 15 corporate events each year. Together with a Chinese friend who has been working in the U.K. for 10 years we would like to access the Chinese tourist market. Our friend has contacts in the tourism industry in China but we need to know the documentation required to open up this market..



Have a chat with UKTI who will put you in touch with our local CBBC (China British Business Council) who will be able to help you. They have teams in UK and across China and will be able to advise you accordingly. Go to click export then enter your postcode. You will be given a phone number to call and ask to speak with an International Trade Adviser. Best of luck




I think you need a good website in English and Mandarin that can be promoted via targeted website optimisation to travel centres in China. Also, I would recommend taking a look at UK Inbound’s website and Visit Britain for the latest facts and figures and how these organisations can assist you.

My contact at Visit Britain is [email protected] who is well connected in the Far East and China. He can certainly point you in the right direction.

Finally, take a look at this article about the Chinese love affair with visiting Somerset.

Can you replicate something similar in Derbyshire?

Richard England

Export Action Plan