please provide details of where to find up to date contact info for Agents across Europe – thank you.
This question was asked at our recent webinar – Finding the right agent or distributor to grow your business overseas
Enterprise Europe Network can help you with this, in 2 ways potentially:
– firstly we can ask our Enterprise Europe Network colleagues in your targeted countries for a list agents or the contact details of the trade associations representing commercial agents in their country (e.g. the equivalent of the UK Manufacturers Agents Association). You can then contact them to prospect and find a suitable agent.
– Secondly, you can use our partnering service on our website:
– Go to https://www.enterprise-europe.co.uk/content/search/
-On the left handside, select Advanced search options
– select the following criteria: Commercial profiles only/ Requests only/commercial agency agreement (in partnership type sought under the demo video)/ any sector or country if you wish.
– Click search now at the bottom of the page and you will get a list of profiles from European commercial agents offering their services.
We can also potentially create a tailored profile for your business so that commercial agents in Europe that are in touch with their local EEN office can see your product offer: this would be showing on our EEN offices’ own websites abroad.
All this is completely free of charge as we are an EU funded business support initiative.
Do not hesitate to contact me or my team on 0845 641 9955 if you have further questions.
Tracey, I forgot to say that UK Trade & Investment can also help you get a tailored list of agents via the UK Embassy’s posts or their local partners, if you have a specific country in mind. This is part of their Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS). This would be country specific and according to your brief, and therefore would come at a (subsidised) cost. For further information, you can contact your local UKTI team on 01707 398398.
I think Mathilde has given a very comprehensive response.
As per the recent webinar, my recommendation is to devote some time to web based research and building up your knowledge of’ who does wha’t in the market you are interested in. Check who the competition use. If you can get to relevant trade shows in your market sector this helps to cement your thoughts and plans. Good luck with your search. Steve