Party poppers and sparkling candles query



I wonder if anyone can advice me

My company is a retailer based in the UK selling greetings cards, gifts and gift wrapping.

We are looking to open a number of shops in Ireland, and I have been tasked with finding out the differences in consumer product legislation between the UK and Ireland.

We sell party poppers and sparkling candles which have a very small amount of explosive in them. As they contain such a small amount of explosive our shops are exempt from being registered under the Explosives legislation In the UK. Could you let me know if they would be exempt in Ireland too.

Many thanks

Evelyn Westwood


Hi there,

I recommend having a listen to our webinar on controls and licenses for info on selling explosives. The ECO will be able to help with your specific request as well.


Export Action Plan