Lookign To Export Food & Drink Worldwide


Hi, I am an internet based company due to launch soon looking to export processed UK foods ie Cereals/Confectionery/Canned Foods/Baby Food including Formula Milk and Ready Made Milk/Pet Food and non alcoholic drinks to expats around the world missing UK foods. Do I need an export licence to do this as I am not manufacturer and the foods are not in its raw state. Please advise. Many thanks M.



Thank you for your question.

Please could you post some more information on which markets you would like to export to? This will make it easier for the Open to Export community to answer your question.

As you will see on the right hand side of this page, the Food and Drink Federation post useful articles here. They are worth reading to give you some guidance on how to get started.





I am not sure about the export license, but there are permits required to bring dairy based products into a market such as Australia.

Let me know if I can help further.




If you are interested to find out the opportunities for you to export Food & Drink products to Japan, please join our upcoming webinar on Thursday 13 February starting at 9:30am UK time.

UKTI Japan’s Senior Trade Adviser covering the Food & Drink sector will be joined by Mr Yasuhide Ishikawa, Food & Drink consultant at MIPRO (Manufactured Imports and Investment Promotion Organisation).

You will also have the chance to ask any questions you may have during our live Q&A session after the presentations.

For full details and to sign-up please see:

I hope to see you at the webinar, but if you can’t make it please feel free to drop me a line with any inquiries you might have about the Japanese market at: exporttojapan@fco.gov.uk

I hope this is helpful!

Best regards,

David Mulholland

UK Trade & Investment Japan

Export Action Plan