Is there any way to reduce the tax/duty on goods sold to USA?
Is there any way to reduce the duty charges on goods sold on a USA website but fulfilled from the UK?
Can we transfer the good to usa store/warehouse and dispatch from there?
Thanks for reaching out onto the Open To Export forum. I would suggest comparing costs by reaching out to:
1. Freight forwarders http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/small_business_solutions/business_across_borders.html#exporting)
2. Customs brokers http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/ (Click the state, then the port, then click the ‘View List’ link for Brokers) or
3. a trade lawyer about storing in U.S. warehouses.
A few items to look into:
1. Binding Ruling – you need to ask CBP about this: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/duty_rates/determining.xml (by calling the local port of entry)
2. Carnet http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/ ata_carnet.ctt/ata_carnet.doc
3. Foreign Trade Zones – depending on your product http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/cargo_security/cargo_control/ftz/ask_ftz.xml
Here is a useful publication by DHL:
We have some information about warehousing if you would like further information as well.
Diana Lau | Trade Research and Communication Associate
UK Trade & Investment | British Consulate-General | New York, NY 10022 |
E-mail: [email protected]