I want to start export firm in uk.


I want to start exporting OTC medicine/blood pressure monitor/glucose testing machine and strips to africa(Kenya,Nigeria and Zambia) and India. How can you help me to get start and to find the distributor in stated countries.
Also what type of licence i will need o do that.


Kind regards


Hi Pravin. We have identified 26 risk, reward and compliance specific questions covering what you need to do in order to get past the point where you are.Happy to discuss this with you, but do not want to pour our IP out all over a public forum

Best Rgards
John Hill


Hi Pravin,

Thank you for your question.

It is worth contacting your local UKTI International Trade Team. UKTI is a Government organisation that helps UK companies enter overseas markets. They can give you advice on how to start exporting and also research contacts in the various African countries you are considering. Their contact details are below.

London International Trade Team

10-12 Queen Elizabeth Street

London, SE1 2JN

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7234 3050

For general enquiries about exporting, please contact our Enquiries team on +44 (0)20 7234 3000 or email: export@uktilondon.org.uk

Hope that this helps.




You will also need to register these items with the appropriate Ministry of Health Product Registration Department in these countries. Be sure you have the documentation available to put together a registration dossier before incurring expenses in identifying a distributor. If you need regulatory input then contact me on mike.reardon@xiota.co.uk

Export Action Plan