I’m looking to export Sports Nutrition Products to Thailand
I need to send samples of our range of sports nutrition products (carbohydrate energy drinks, gels, bars and protein recovery drinks) to a group of athletes in Thailand – do you know what the restrictions are if any and where I can find any information on this?
If all is OK with the samples then we will need to look into exporting products.
Thank you for your interest in Thai market. I am Thanatcha, trade and investment manager, UKTI, responsible for food & drink sector in Thailand. If the samples are for the exhibition in Thailand, please find below link of requirements by Thai Food and Drug Administration;
Documents required for application of Temporary Import Food into the Kingdom License
(for Trade Exhibition of Person, Juristic Person, and Organizations).
1. Application form Orr. 12
2. Copy of domestic registration.
3. Copy of company registration. (If any)
4. Letter of intent to import and manage such products after trade exhibition that shall be not for sale, distribution, given and shall be responsible for its standard quality and safety which may occur.
5. Certificate of exhibition place as evidence.
6. Letter of confirmation from exhibition organizer denote that the company participates in the trade exhibition.
7. Food importation documents such as: Invoice, Bill of Lading, or Air Way Bill.
8. Health certificate or Certificate of Free Sale which is issued by government authorities or parties which is certified by the government.
Please find below contact for further enquiries at FDA (Thailand) at Suvanaphum Airport
Tel : 66 (0) 2 1340813-6 Fax : 0-2134-0818
or Food and Drug Administration: contact Mr Tanet
Tel : 66 (0) 2 590 7321, 66 (0) 2590-7363 , 66 (0) 2 590 7364 Fax : 66 (0) 2591-8477 , E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.
Further detailed information regarding exporting goods outside the EU can be found on our website by using the following link:
You may find the Export Best Practice Guide particularly helpful
I would also suggest that you contact the Thai Customs Authorities to ascertain if there are any import restrictions on such items.
HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise