How do we export spirits to the US?


We are a small company selling spirits online and we have considerable interest from customers in the US. Each order is likely to contain only 1 to 6 bottles. Currently we are unable to supply them as we do not have an importer to handle the goods for us. Can anyone recommend an organisation that will undertake this for us at a reasonable cost please?


Hi Beverley

Please take a look at our company’s web site ( and, if you are interested, email me to set-up a telephone call. Then we would be happy to talk to you to see if we can help – and if it is economic for you.

We don’t, by the way, charge for information or conversation – and we don’t have sales executives to pester you with phone calls and emails.

We do, however, have a number of clients in the Bath area and regularly visit the city (we were there for the recent food month).

Best wishes for good luck in the USA,


Roger Frampton – [email protected]


Dear Beverley,

Thanks for getting in touch through the Open to Export forum. Although UKTI is unable to advise, we can signpost you on where to find information. In general, for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliance, we refer to a private party such as Registrar Corp, who can provide assistance for US FDA regulations for Food and Drink, Medical Devices, Cosmetics, and Drugs. They have also spoken on a number of UKTI webinars.

In addition, you must comply with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, link below.

Registrar Corp –

Hope this helps.

Diana Lau

Export Action Plan