Hiring UK construction machines in Norway


Dear all,

I wonder if you could help me.

Can anyone advise me on the requirements needed to send construction machines for hire from the UK to Norway?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,


Hi Leila, the best way to avoid import duties in Norway would be to use an ATA Carnet for your goods, if they are to be returned to the UK in an unaltered state. You should contact your local Chamber of Commerce regarding the Carnet, but if you confirm collection and delivery addresses, and the sizes and weights of your machines, then we can quote you for the transport of your machines.


Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,


Dear Leila

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

A more comprehensive guide to importing / exporting can be found on our website by selecting ‘Import and export’ from the home page and then scroll down to ‘Guide to importing and exporting: Breaking down the barriers’.

Kind regards

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Export Action Plan