For a product which has US content what information is required for an Export Licence and is a US licence also required?


If we apply for an export licence for our product which has US content (as raw materials which are used in the manufacture of our product) what information do we have to provide in our licence application? Would we also have to apply to US authorities for a licence?

(This question was asked at one of our recent webinars on Export Controls. You can listen to this webinar on our recent webinars page at


If the US raw material is not a controlled item in itself, then there is no need to apply for any US authorisation for its onward export, and there would be no need to mention it in your licence application as the licence is only for your end product.

Export Action Plan