Exporting Baby Milk to China – what documentation or licenses do i need?



I would like advice on selling Baby Milk to Chinese buyers.

Is there any documentation or licence needed and is there any restriction on the quantity that can be exported? The product is genuine and proof of purchase and country of origin is available.


Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be viewed on the GOV.UK website at www.gov.uk by typing ‘Notice 275’ in the search box and selecting the following links from the search results: > Notice 275 “Customs export procedures” a guide to UK export procedures using the National Export System.

Further detailed information regarding exporting goods outside the EU can be found by using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/exporting-goods-from-the-eu-to-a-third-country-outside-the-eu

I would also suggest that you contact the Customs Authorities in the importing countries to ascertain if there are any import restrictions on such items.

HM Revenue & Customs

Customs International Trade & Excise


Export Action Plan