Export to Colombia


I am from Colombia, but lived in the UK, recently I have been interested in exporting to Colombia duvets and duvet covers, as well as babies and kids cloths.

Could some point me in the right direction as what do I need to know in terms of customs fees, export fees, paperwork, etc. The whole process in general.

Many Thanks


Hello Adriana,

I am from Warrant Group, a well established Freight company who ships to South America on a regular basis.

Please contact me on below and I will be able to discuss further with you.




First of all one will need to apply for a National Insurance Number at http://nationalinsurancenumber.co.uk online fast track this cost about anything from £39-£84.
Also it is worth contacting a Colombia Contact UKTI Contact Elvira Martinez e-mail: elviramartinez@fco.gov.uk or contact her on telephone number + 57 13 26 8263.
Then you will need to go to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/index.htm (on the far right hand side is a box that says Business & click on where it says starting a business /also go into import and export and this will give you some information that you require to get you going). The main paperwork you will need for Colombia is as follows:


www. hmrc.gov/uk/jccc/CIPS/2013/CIP 13-47.pdf Customs information paper 13 (47) HM Revenue and Customs printed on the 1st August 2013.
You will also need a Notice 826 and a DT2140+ Double Taxation Relief Manual – Colombia DT5050+, Colombia http://www.gov.uk/importing.
Should you need any assistance with VAT/Excise and Customs the helpline number is 0845 010 9000 or depending on your telephone provide you could try the new Freephone number on 0300 200 3700. If you are going to send large shipments you will also need an EORI and a VAT Number if you are not VAT Registered you will need a C220A EORI or if you are VAT Registered you will need a C220 these can both be done online for VAT this is done on their business page for an EORI you can fill out the form online or e-mail eori@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk or write to them at EORI Phase 2 13th floor (South) Government Building Ty Glas Llanishen Cardiff CF14 5YA.
One needs to go to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/dtmanual/ and apply for or look at
(I) DT 5050 Colombia- No Agreement (ii) DT 5051 Unilateral Relief (iii) DT 5052 DT:

Export Action Plan