Export of dual use items from UK to EU then to Iran – is a UK export licence required?


If I transfer dual-use items within the EU to a counter-party who will then export to Iran (an arrangement I am involved with), do I require an export licence or do I just have to make sure the counter-party in the EU country has an appropriate licence?

(This question was asked at one of our recent webinars on Export Controls. You can listen to this webinar on our recent webinars page at http://opentoexport.com/info/webinars/)


Dear Lewis

Thank you for your question.

In all cases, if you are aware that the end user of your dual use export is in a country outside the EU, you will need to apply for a Standard Individual Export Licence and obtain an end user undertaking. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/end-user-undertakings-and-export-scenarios

Export Action Plan