Export Health Certificate for green coffee beans


We have been asked to provide Health Certificates for products exported from UK warehouse (Arabica green coffee beans products).
We already provide Phytosanitary Certificates from UK Defra, but the customer inisisted they require HC with wording that “the product is safe/fit for human consumption”.

Who issues Health Certificates with that kind of wording?

I found a link that said Rural Payment Agencies provides Export Health Cert with the wording I need, but it os only for animal product while mine is plant product : green (raw unroasted) coffee beans.

Here is the link and statement I found

“Certificates of Free Sale are issued by the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) to accompany certain food products upon export. The standard certificate gives assurances that the food products are free from harmful radioactive material, are fit for human consumption and are freely sold in Britain and Northern Ireland.”

Can you please kindly clarify the correct UK government body whom I can contact ?
Thank you !


Hi there,

I hope you get an answer to your question shortly.

In the meantime, I recommend also looking at the Institute of Export and International Trade’s helpdesk for more specific advice:


Export Action Plan