Open to Export is brought to you by the Institute of Export & International Trade
Established in 1935, the Institute is the professional membership body representing and supporting the interests of everyone involved in importing, exporting and international trade.
Offering a unique range of individual and business membership benefits and a world renowned suite of qualifications and training, the Institute is the leading authority in best practice and competence for businesses trading globally which makes membership an imperative for any individual or business involved with global trade.
Our unique range of benefits and services specific to international trade include:
- Help with any export issues you come across. Our team of exports can help with questions on documentation, export controls, Bribery Act, Customs & VAT procedures, regulatory and compliance issues, insurance issues, payment terms, transport and logistics. Members get free access to our experts via the Technical Helpline.
- A voice for your ideas and concerns. We represent your point of view and feedback to government, HMRC and other influencing bodies on issues that impact you, plus participate in Institute responses to central government with regard to proposed legislative changes.
- A complete range of international trade qualifications, from those that have no experience, up to those who wish to qualify themselves to take a business degree. The Institute’s qualifications are widely recognised as providing both employers and employees with the necessary international business practice linked to satisfying career planning and development.
- A range of short courses giving you the skills and expertise you need to gain a competitive advantage in the challenging and complex world of export, import and international trade.
- An extensive events programme to help you share information and connect at every level in the international trade community whether it’s sector specific or regional.
- Inclusion in surveys to research the attitudes and changes to world trade
Membership of the Institute of Export & International Trade is designed to fit with your needs as an individual or business involved with export and import.
Offering access to a unique range of benefits and services, membership of the Institute of Export & International Trade is an imperative for any individual or business involved with global trade.
“The members’ service has been invaluable to our exporting efforts & the team member’s knowledge of the specific countries has saved us valuable time and given us confidence to trade in new markets.”
Oliver Glendenning Sales Director Parry Building Products Ltd.
Individual Membership is designed to help your career in international trade, create evidence of your skills and the opportunity to realise your full potential…
Business Membership of the Institute of Export supports your international trade activity, offering access to training, services and expert advice, plus a unique range of benefits…
Membership Benefits Include:
- Discounts on training courses, insurance and a variety of other benefits
- ADVICE LINE – if you get stuck you can use our advice line, to help you through any crisis!
- Daily foreign exchange bulletins
- Newsletter, Member Magazine and International Freight Times
- Use of letters after your name relating to your grade of membership
- Access to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme
- The IOE&IT recruitment webpages – whether you are looking for a job or looking for the perfect candidate
- Access to our network Special Interest Groups, conferences and dinners
Whether you’re taking your first steps or looking to grow your business internationally, we can help with every stage of your export journey.
Our Technical Help for Exporters Helpline service comes as part of our membership packages.
Our team of experts can provide help with questions on
- Export controls
- Bribery Act
- Customs &VAT procedures
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Insurance issues
- Payment terms
- Transport & logistics
- I have an order, what should I do?
Choosing an export training partner who understands about making a profit internationally can really help your business take off in your export markets. Add to this the quality assurance you get from the Institute of Export & International Trade and our short courses are hard to beat.
No matter what level you are at, our courses will give you the skills and expertise you need to gain a competitive advantage in the challenging and complex world of export, import and international trade.
- Courses covering a wide breadth of international trade topics
- Four levels of learning: Introductory, Operational, Management and Strategic
- Small classes of no more than 15 people
- Taught by quality assured, subject matter experts
Companies are increasingly seeking in-house training for its flexibility, convenience and cost-effectiveness. Choosing the right training provider is paramount in helping your employees and organisation achieve their goals and receiving a strong return on investment.
- Convenience – as timings are suited to your required dates
- Less Disruption – to work schedules
- Confidentiality and Direct Relevance – to company needs
- Value for Money – as the charges are per event rather than per person
- Time Savings – all the work involved in designing the training activity
The Institute offers a complete range of professional qualifications to meet your needs, from those that have no experience, up to those who wish to qualify themselves to take a business degree.
Written by international trade experts with course content linked to practical and commercial scenarios, a qualification from Institute of Export & International Trade will ensure that you learn best practice right from the start.
The qualifications are designed to fit around a full time career and are delivered through distance learning complemented by webinars and online tutorials.
Your choice of qualifications include:
Level 1 – Young International Trader
Aimed at key stage 4 (age 14 – 18) and beyond, this Level 1 qualification gives students a thorough grounding in the principals involved in International Trade. Find out more
Level 2 – International Trade and Logistics Operations
This qualification is intended for those who work or who are considering working in the field of International Trade in a logistics setting. Find out more
Level 3 – Certificate In International Trade
This qualification will broaden your awareness of global trade issues and give you a clear understanding of the processes and practicalities of International Trade. Find out more
Level 3 – Certificate of International Trade for Insurance Brokers
The aim of this award is to independently assess, improve and verify the level of international trade expertise and competence of insurance brokers dealing directly or indirectly with clients trading internationally. Find out more
Level 4 – Diploma in International Trade
Learn about the practical aspects of international trade with our Level 4 Diploma in International Trade. You’ll get a detailed knowledge of all the principles, procedures and documentation you need to know for a successful career in international trade. Find out more
Level 5 – Diploma in International Trade
This course examines your ability to manage the broader managerial aspects of International Trade and make the right decisions when problems arise. The course covers International Marketing Strategy, International Logistics and Purchasing, Management of International Trade and Practical Global Trading. Find out more
Level 5 – Diploma in World Customs Compliance & Regulations
This groundbreaking qualification covers a comprehensive and in-depth range of topics in customs compliance & regulation and leads to a full customs qualification at Level 5 Diploma level. Find out more
Level 6 – BSc (Hons) Management Practice – International Trade
Boost your existing foundation degree, higher national diploma (HND) or your existing professional experience with this part-time, two year online work-based course with Plymouth University. Find out more
Level 7 – MSc in International Trade, Strategy and Operations
Developed in collaboration with WMG at the University of Warwick, this MSc provides a thorough knowledge and understanding of the management and operational requirements necessary to trade successfully in international markets. Find out more