Open to Export aims to simplify, facilitate and de-stress the export journey. We want to bring businesses together, sharing the latest most accurate advice in an open and timely manner under one roof. If you have export-related advice to impart, we want to hear about it.
Our content manager will review submitted content to ensure it matches our conditions and policies and will be entitled to remove or modify submissions that don’t do this. You will be contacted by the content manager should it be found your content needs modifying to fit the guidelines, or if the content is not seen as abiding by them at all The content manager’s decision regarding whether your content is suitable for the site or not is final.
Please follow these simple rules:
- PLEASE provide content at all times that supports and facilitates a better understanding of export
- PLEASE provide content that is concise and targeted to the user’s needs. Export can be a complex subject, but users will need you to simplify it for them
- PLEASE produce content in a timely and topical way to the greatest benefit of the UK SME community. Produce accurate and relevant content at the time of writing and not false, misleading or inaccurate information. If your content becomes inaccurate or dated (e.g. due to legislative or regulatory changes) please endeavour to update it as soon as possible
- PLEASE produce content that is supportive of Open to Export and the partners within it. Even if you have any negative comments please ensure that they are made in a manner which is constructive and which will enable others to benefit from your experiences. Rate or review content openly and honestly and be accepting of how your own content is rated and reviewed. Use the Q&A environment to impart timely advice and reach out to a targeted and needy audience. Do not criticise or tarnish your competitors
- PLEASE be careful to categorise and tag your content appropriately to ensure it appears only in the most relevant areas of Open to Export. Link to relevant external content sources, but do not do so excessively. Publish content to raise your own profile in Open to Export but do not promote or advertise any specific business or service above any other without due editorial context or cause
- PLEASE be a positive, enthusiastic and reliable ambassador for the “Open to Export” brand, generating goodwill on behalf of Open to Export, at this and any time in the future. Make full use of Open to Export products and services but do not compare any Open to Export or opentoexport.com products or services with products or services offered by third parties, including but not limited to websites
- PLEASE produce engaging, original content, not breaching any laws, codes of practice, regulations or otherwise infringing the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties. Produce content that is unbiased, fair and balanced, not defamatory to specific businesses or any individuals. Produce content that does not in an avoidable way, exclude or offend any section of the wider public. Consider your audience at all times and ensure your language is always appropriate and clean
- PLEASE only use images that you own the copyright to or have express permission from the copyright holder to use in Open to Export
- PLEASE ensure that any material which you provide does not contain any spam, virus or code which may damage, interfere with or otherwise harm the operation of this site or other visiting the site
- PLEASE be accepting of the decisions and actions of the site’s moderation panel. In particular, where an entry fails to comply with these guidelines/code of conduct then it may be necessary to take appropriate action, including asking you to amend your entry or the removal of relevant material which the panel deems not to comply with the guidelines or code of conduct