We are delighted to announce the finalists for the 12th Export Action Plan competition. One of the 9 shortlisted will win a £3000 cash prize sponsored by Bibby Financial Services, alongside further support from the Institute of Export & International Trade. Each finalist will be rewarded with a year’s free membership with the Institute.
The final will be taking place at the Institute of Export & International Trade’s Birmingham World Trade Summit on November 28th. The finalists will be able to network with and learn from global trade experts and members of the Institute.
Birmingham Export Action Plan Finalists
- Deakin and Blue – visit website
- Honey Corn Limited – visit website
- Industrial Textiles and Plastics – visit website
- Polkadoodles Ltd – visit website
- Quinola Mothergrain – visit website
- Sea Chips – visit website
- The Jacket Club Ltd – visit website
- The Bshirt– visit website
- Martyn Freshwater – Head of Sales, Bibby Financial Services [UK] Limited
- Richard Bartlett – Director of Business Development, Institute of Export & International Trade
- Keith Stokes-Smith – President, Greater Birmingham Commonwealth Chamber of Commerce
- John Newton – Group Marketing Director, Clickthrough Marketing
- Tony Allen – Founder and Head, Age Check Certification Scheme (and previous competition winner)
You can apply for the next Export Action Plan Competition at any time, and the next deadline and showcase final will be announced in 2020.
Birmingham World Trade Summit
The Institute produces a series of Regional Trade Summits that bring together experts and leading authorities to speak on the key issues of the day.
The Birmingham summit will explore the increasingly complex international trade environment, looking at the many opportunities and a few challenges currently facing those working in international trade.
09:30: Breakfast and registration
10:00: Welcome from the Institute of Export & International Trade – ‘Exporting is easy when you know how’
10:20: Jim Davis, Managing Director, Bibby Financial Services
10:40: Keith Stokes-Smith, President, Greater Birmingham Commonwealth Chamber of Commerce – ‘Opportunities Beyond the EU – The Commonwealth’
11:00: Boris Obolenets (President of the Stavropol Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and Sergei Averin (Representative of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, The Russo-British Chamber of Commerce) – ‘Opportunities Beyond the EU – Russia’
11:20: Coffee and Networking
11:35: Stewart Ferguson, China Business Advisor, China Britain Business Council – ‘Opportunities Beyond the EU – China’
11:55: Michael McGowan, Managing Director – Bibby Foreign Exchange Limited
12:15: John Newton, Group Marketing Director – Clickthrough Marketing
12:35: Tony Allen, ACCS Scheme (previous winner of the Open to Export Competition)
13:00: Lunch and networking
14:00 – 17:00: Open to Export Action Plan Competition Final