Open to Export CEO and Director General of the Institute of Export and International Trade, Lesley Batchelor, will be appearing on a panel discussion being hosted by the All-Party Parliamentary Manufacturing Group at Portcullis House on Thursday 9th March (10-11:30).
The panel also includes Richard Corbett MEP – Deputy Leader of the Labour Members of the European Parliament, author of “How Does Europe Work”, former advisor to Herman Van Rompuy – and William Butler-Adams OBE – Chief Executive, Brompton Bicycles.
The debate will cover the following topics and specifically how they impact manufacturers:
- The imposition of tariffs on trade
- Non-tariff benefits of EU membership
- Ongoing co-operation with the customs union
- Integrated cross-border supply chains
- Support for British exporters
- Free-trade agreements and the World Trade Organisation