We recently hosted our 10th Export Action Plan Competition final in London, with Age Check Certification Services Ltd taking home the £3000 cash prize sponsored by Bibby Financial Services. Since then, we’ve interviewed 10 finalists about their export plans and tips. Here we talk to Levity Pure Natural.
Company name: Levity Crop Science
Representative: David Marks
What does your company do at the moment and what’s next?
We make a fertilizer that is more effective, can be used at a lower doze and which is better for farmers and the environment.
How are the exports going?
Strong recent growth.
How has the Export Action Plan helped with your exports?
It has helped to give us added critical focus.
How have you found the experience of the final today?
Great! There are lots of interesting people here to learn from.
What tips would you give to other new exporters?
- Focus on an unmet need
- Learn to tell your own story – make it tangible
- Make sure the finance works
About Levity Crop Science
Levity Crop Science develop and sell fertilisers and bio-stimulants. Our products allow far lower levels of input, are sustainable, and high efficacy. Levity are at the forefront of technological innovation in our industry (agrochemicals) and our products help solve problems such as drought and salinity which are threatening global food supply as climate change continues to impact on agriculture.
Levity have invested heavily in research and development, and have expertise in:
- Nutrient use efficiency, developing more efficient crop nutrients that are able to be used at far lower levels, and give greater yields of the crops they are used on.
- Stress tolerance, developing products that help crops cope with stressful growing conditions. Increasingly crops need to be grown with limited availability of water and on land or geographical regions that are marginal for crop production (arid and semi arid regions).
- Quality improvement, getting the right size, colour, shape, flavour, sugar content etc on fruit and vegetable crops.
Levity have a core of five technologies (and growing) with which they create crop specific product ranges. Levity have products for potato, root vegetable (carrot, turnip etc), soft fruit (strawberry etc), top fruit (apples, pears etc), banana, leafy vegetables, brassicas and cereals.