We are delighted to announce the 10 finalists for the 8th Export Action Plan competition final taking place on June 7th in London.
The final will be hosted as part of the UK Trade and Export Finance Conference, sponsored by NatWest. The winner will be given £3000 towards their export plans, as well as further prizes from the Institute of Ecommerce and the Institute of Export & International Trade. All of the finalists will be awarded with small business membership at the IOE&IT and a 1-year online subscription and free event pass with Global Trade Review.
- Bubblebum (UK) Ltd – visit website
- Diamond Hard Surfaces Ltd – visit website
- Ecotile Flooring Ltd – visit website
- Incredible Bakery Company – visit website
- Levity Crop Science – visit website
- Mirelle Limited – visit website
- My Brow Care Ltd – visit website
- Seekers of Design – visit website
- Wondrwall Limited – visit website
- WooHa Brewing Company – visit website
- Jim Bidwell, Head of Trade Services Product Management, NatWest
- Anne-Marie Woolley, Trade Finance Consultant, Bank Leumi
- Terry Scuoler, Chairman of the Institute of Export & International Trade
- Rik Garner, Managing Director at First Chop Brewing Arm (previous winners)
- Emil Stickland, CEO at Thrive Digital and the Institute of Ecommerce
- David Weatherhead, Head of SME Trade, Lloyds Banking
Another varied and interesting group
Lesley Batchelor, Director of the Institute of Export & International Trade, who run the Open to Export project, said:
“We once again had a fantastic array of British SMEs entering the Export Action Plan competition and the 10 shortlisted finalists are a varied and ambitious group with well thought-through plans for international growth. We at the Institute are all very much looking forward to seeing each of the finalists pitch their plans at the final in June in what should be another fascinating showcase final.”
UK Trade and Export Finance Conference
Welcoming close to 500 delegates from across UK industry in 2017, the UK Trade & Export Finance Conference is an annual highlight for domestic exporters, financiers and trade specialists, a place where fresh perspectives are gained and new business relationships formed.
With discussions ongoing as to the UK’s trade relationship with the EU, identifying new export markets is a key task for UK corporates seeking to broaden their export horizons. Sources of finance for SMEs and larger corporates, developments in regulation & compliance, advancements in the fintech space and an overview of the UK’s manufacturing sector will all be on the table at 2018’s event, as the nation looks to increase its competitiveness and global reach over the coming years.
Benefiting from strong links to the UK’s primary trade bodies and leading export-focused institutions, this is a crucial forum for any UK company involved in international trade.
You can sign up to attend the conference here.
Sponsored by NatWest
NatWest provides everyday banking services for over 14 million customers in England and Wales. At NatWest we proactively strive to pioneer and innovate in order to give our customers the excellent service they expect from us. Today we support all types of customers – ranging from personal accounts through to the largest commercial and corporate businesses.
Whether it’s by helping new ventures to address new business opportunities through our partnership with Entrepreneurial Spark, or providing award-winning invoice and asset finance or more traditional funding for more established businesses, we’re dedicated to supporting the ambitions of UK enterprises both large and small, wherever in the world they choose to do business.