IT projects, worth more than 350m€, are at the top of the Greek government’s digital agenda. Meanwhile, according to Naftemporiki newspaper, the implementation of these projects is crucial for the near future.Concessionaire companieshave been blockingthe implementation of many of these IT projects. The progress in absorbing the funds of the Digital Convergence programis slow, as expenditures remain at a level of 510m€ out of the total budget (1,2b€).The Greek government aims to accelerate the fastimplementationofimportant projects.
The priority list entails the following:
- · The LandRegistry (budget 80m€)
- · The DigitalSchool (budget 174,4m€)
- · The Rural Broadband (budget 161m€)
- · The National Registry Office (budget 23,8m€)
- · The e-prescription (budget 14m€ and G Cloud budgeted at 20m€)
UK companies that interested in participating in the above projects, are advisable to find a local partner. The UKTI team in Athens posts new tenders regularly and can assist you penetrate the market by finding an agent and liaise to key-decision makers.
Topics: Insights & Statistics