Always compare rates
Just like any other service company you hire, it pays to compare rates between auto transport companies to ensure that you are getting the best possible price. The following tips will help you find an auto transport provider that not only fits within your price range but that also provides excellent service and can keep your vehicle safe.
If you are in a position where you need to ship your vehicle, hiring the right auto transport company can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
1. Choose a company that will come to your home or place of business to get the car rather than making you deliver it to them.
2. Once the transport vehicle arrives, the company should load your car onto the truck and then take it wherever you need it to go.
3. The company you hire should understand what it takes to keep your vehicle safe and sound during transport.
The employees who come in contact with your vehicle need to understand how much care needs to be taken to prevent damage to a vehicle.
Experience and expertise is key
Because of this, you need to hire a company that has plenty of experience and expertise. Ideally, the auto transport company should arrive at your location, load your vehicle onto the truck, safely transport it wherever you are sending it, and then unload it when it arrives at its destination. Also, ensure they have HGV truck insurance.
Getting quotes from a number of different auto transport providers offers the following benefits:
1. You can get an idea of not only the costs associated with transport but also the services each company provides, which will allow you to make a better-informed decision about which company to hire.
2. You can cut down on your transport costs. Companies want your business and are usually willing to offer a lower rate to get it if they are competing with other transport providers.
It goes without saying that some vehicles are naturally more expensive to transport than other vehicles. For instance, the cost of shipping a vehicle depends greatly on its overall size and its weight. Depending on the auto transport company, the value of the vehicle may also weigh into the final cost.
To keep the weight of the vehicle as low as possible, keep the car’s fluids as low as they can go without putting it at risk of damage. Likewise, secure any loose items within the vehicle and remove any valuables so that they don’t get stolen while it is being moved.
Pay attention to any items that project from the outside of your vehicle such as antennas or luggage racks since these can be easily damaged during transport. If the vehicle you are shipping has a convertible top, make sure to put it up before the car is loaded on the truck. For high-end vehicles or vehicles that are particularly prone to damage, you may even want to look into shipping containers. Containers keep the car protected from the elements so that you don’t have to worry about damage during transport.
Get multiple quotes
If possible, ask the truck driver if you can have their contact information so that you can call to check on your vehicle during transport. This will ensure that you always know where your vehicle is while it is being transported.
In general, you should get a least a few different written estimates for the cost of shipping your vehicle. Be sure you understand what is included in each quote so that you don’t wind up with unexpected expenses when it comes time to pay your bill.
The best way to save money on shipping a vehicle is to get written quotes from several different companies. You should also verify that any company you hire has an excellent reputation of delivering vehicles on time and without damage.