‘Headstart’ for UK SMEs into Indonesia market
Headstart – Giving UK SMEs a headstart in ASEAN
Headstart in Indonesia
The Headstart initiative was formally launched in London at the UK ASEAN Business Council (UKABC) event on 18th October 2012. The scheme offers practical in-market support for SMEs, including access to office space and locally established UK expertise, for companies looking to establish Business relationships in the South East Asia region.
The scheme is offered by the local British Chambers of Commerce in association with UKTI with a focus on UK SMEs – that is companies with a maximum of 250 staff and maximum annual turnover of up to £25million.
This scheme is currently being piloted in Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia which have been highlighted by UKTI as three as High Growth markets. All offer a wide range of opportunities and have attracted a high level of interest. UK exports of goods and services to these markets alone in 2011 were over £10billion.
What is Headstart in Indonesia?
- · ‘Welcome’ service – at the BritCham office: on arrival in Jakarta – free wifi access, tea/coffee, mobile phone charging and a chat with BritCham Executive Director (18 years experience living and working in Indonesia);
- · ‘RBS Smart Office @ BritCham’ service : free use of hot desks and 4 & 6 people meeting rooms with wifi access, multimedia projector, whiteboard and refreshments*;
- · ‘Business Introduction’ service – via the BritCham office: email introducing your company visit within BritCham membership;
- · ‘Business Networking’ service – two complimentary invitations for our monthly Business & Social Gathering
- · Advance access to reports, articles and notices prepared by members for members (through BritCham website – http://www.britcham.or.id/download-area.html);
For ‘welcome’ and ‘RBS Smart Office @ BritCham’ services are subject to availability
*Some services chargeable
Topics: Getting Started, Market Research, and Operations