Find out more about the UKTI e-Exporting Programme
UK online retail exports are set to reach £60bn by 2018 (Source: IORMA, 2014).
By joining UKTI e-Exporting Programme, UK companies and brands can reach consumers overseas through e-marketplaces.
An e-marketplace is an online location that provides a platform for companies of all sizes to do business through e-commerce. Popular e-marketplaces include Amazon, Tmall and eBay. UKTI have identified over 400 e-marketplaces worldwide.
By selling through an e-marketplace UK companies can:
- find new customers
- analyse data on what consumers are searching for
- build awareness of their brands
UK companies currently trading successfully on e-marketplaces include Burberry, Topshop, Marks and Spencer, Karen Millen, Barbour and Fred Perry.
Join UKTI’s e-Exporting Programme to:
- meet with an e-Exporting advisor to discuss export plans
- receive help and advice on building your online and e-commerce presence
- increase the reach of your brand globally
- identify new e-marketplaces around the world
- set up on e-marketplaces quickly
- attend events and webinars about retail/e-commerce opportunities
If you’re looking to sell online for the first time, you can also get help with:
- trademark registration
- website URL registration
- landed cost calculation
- packaging, shipping, payment
- tax registration
- marketing and related services
How to join
Email UKTI’s retail team email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the programme or need more information.
You can also:
- contact your local UKTI office to arrange a free meeting with an International Trade Advisor
- register for events that focus on retail, food & drink and e-commerce
Watch videos which give guidance on e-commerce, exporting online and selling on specific e-marketplaces.
Find out how companies have increased their export capabilities by selling online.
- UKTI helps Craft Buddy with new export strategy to take business global
- UKTI helps notebook stationery manufacturer increase online sales
- Press release: Online exporting package launched to help British businesses ‘sell while they sleep’ (September 2014)
- Find out about e-commerce opportunities in this UKTI publication – ‘beyond e-commerce to everywhere commerce’ (PDF, 1.9MB, 12 pages)
- View a UKTI publication about ‘Exporting in the digital age’ (PDF, 1.74MB, 12 pages)