We are on the lookout for 5 Buckinghamshire based companies who are ready to export and need support!
If you are a business that has a market ready product and the motivation and drive to develop new business overseas we want to hear from you. Buckinghamshire Business First is offering 5 companies in Buckinghamshire a package of bespoke export support worth £5,000 each to help turn their exporting dreams into a reality.
Aim of the Project:
The aim of this project is to provide the resource, the answers, and the support for 5 companies who have never exported in a pro-active way. This support will come in the form of coaching, workshops, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking with experts within the exporting field.
The participants will be supported to:
- Learn the basic legal, administrative and cultural requirements regarding exporting
- Identify target markets for their products / services
- Develop an International Marketing Plan
- Attend a trade mission or buyer event
- Establish a link with a distributor / buyer in chosen country
- Achieve an export order
To be eligible for the programme:
- The company must not be exporting in a pro-active way
- Export should be in the long term strategy of the business.
- Products must be export ready, with proven sales in home markets first as these form the basis of a good exporting business. A successful UK business also gives overseas buyers confidence as a supplier, and will ensure that business processes are in place and well tested.
- Enough resource within the business to support the export activity -exporting consumes time and money, and requires strong management commitment. In the initial stages management is often diverted from existing domestic business but for many companies, this short term stress will provide longer term rewards.
- The company has a broad understanding of everything that exporting entails.
- The right people in place to run the export side of the business.
If you would like to enter or find out more information then contact Heather Dean, Head of Business Support at Buckinghamshire Business First email@example.com