In 2016 Britain voted to leave the EU but it’s in 2017 that we will actually begin to see what shape Brexit might take – so what do you need to know to prepare for the changes to the international trade landscape this might cause?
The Institute of Export & International Trade and Enterprise Europe Network give an overview of the challenges and opportunities that UK exporters will face in 2017 as a result of Brexit and both will give tips for making the most of it.
The session covered:
- The timescale and different potential outcomes of the negotiations
- What businesses can do in the short and long term to plan for different outcomes
- Tips for safeguarding against a potential ‘hard Brexit’
- Looking beyond the EU at opportunities outside of Europe
- What support is available for continuing to trade with Europe
As part of the webinar, we asked two polls to the audience. First we asked them how confident they would be doing trade with the EU following Brexit:
Secondly, we asked if they’d be looking to do more business beyond the EU:
Still worried about Brexit? Read our useful resources for planning for it.