Who/where is the best place to look for what registration/certification is required for exporting my products (skin creams) to India?

Question posted by Stuart White, on behalf of Department of International Trade in PO15

The company make and sell anti-aging creams containing collagen and would like to know what registration they require and certification to be able to export it to India?

Report inappropriate content

kiran sharma, on behalf of UK Trade & Investment India in India.


For exporting skin care products, the importer has to get clearance from the office of the Drug Controller of India, Ministry of Health and Family welfare under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act.

UKTI can help you with complete guidelines, if you let us have the full details and the way you wish to enter the market.

Kiraan Sharma
Senior Trade & Investment Adviser
UK Trade & investment

Report inappropriate content

Thank you.

Is there an office that require clearance for the export of plastic baby bottles?

Many thanks

Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

I would also suggest that you contact the Indian Customs Authorities to ascertain if there are any import restrictions on such items.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register