Who completes the DEFRA Certification?

Question posted by Mike Webb, on behalf of Natural Sports Nutrition in HU17

I have the various blank health certificates that require completion by a vetinarian.

My question is "Who do I contact to have these forms officially completed?

Report inappropriate content

Lyn Palmer, on behalf of Business West in BS8.

They should be issued by Animal Heath and Veterinary Laboritories Agency
This is their website which has all the contact details on

Kind regards

Report inappropriate content

Defra Users, on behalf of Defra in SW1P.

Dear Mike

Firstly, we'd like to thank Lyn for supplying the correct advice in her response of 10 Sept.

As you will see on the website Lyn has referred you to, Export Health Certificates must be signed by an Official Veterinarian (OV) who will carry out the examination, inspection, testing, sampling and treatment in accordance with AHVLA’s ( Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency) instructions and the requirements of the Export Health Certificate and any notes for guidance or supporting documentation. You could approach your local veterinary practice and see if there is an OV, working within the practice who currently holds the correct AHVLA export authorisation to carry out the export work.

If the veterinary practice does not contain an OV that holds the correct authorisation you can contact your local AHVLA Office who will be able to supply you with the details of an alternative practice in your area. You find details of your local office at: http://www.defra.gov.uk/ahvla-en/about-us/contact-us/field-services/

Best wishes
Defra Users

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register