Exporting mugs to Turkey

Question posted by Joanna Hockett, on behalf of Paper Island / History and Heraldry in S66

Is anyone up to date with the registration and documentation required to export mugs to Turkey.
I understand that they need registering with the health authorities?
Any advice welcome.

Report inappropriate content

Dear Joanna,

Companies exporting food contact materials to Turkey should provide the importer company with a ‘certificate of free sale’ that can be obtained from BIS. Please contact Guliz Kiymaz, sector lead for agri-food, who will put you in touch with the relevant BIS department.


Nirva Altunkeser

Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

I would also suggest that you contact the Turkish Customs Authorities to ascertain if there are any import restrictions on such items.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register