Exporting from Poland to outside the EU

Question posted by Adam Fletcher, on behalf of Dunster House Ltd. in MK41

We currently buy a number of products from a factory in Poland for sale in the UK. But we would like to purchase certain products from the factory in Poland and then sell them outside of the EU for example to Israel.
We would like to know what regulations we would need to adhere to and what documents we would need to be to export outside the EU. The goods we purchase from the Polish factory are all timber based products such as log cabins and summerhouses.
Would anyone be able to advise us or point us in the right direction for information about this?

Report inappropriate content

hi Adam
anything coming out of the EU single market whether from UK or Poland becomes an export. currently your products are not strictly exports if you purchase them from Poland and sell in the UK.
In principle, the procedure and paperwork should be the same whether the goods are exported directly from Poland or indirectly via the UK. however, it is best to seek advice on what will be best for your company in your specific circumstances.
In order to check the customs, duties and paperwork related the goods you export to e.g. Israel, I suggest you first look at the market access database, using the correct tarriff code for your product: http://madb.europa.eu/madb
Get in touch if you need help using the database.
For advice on the best way to carry out the export, please call me/UKTI to discuss on 0845 6419955
best wishes

Report inappropriate content

Paul Lee, on behalf of CDN Consular Services Ltd in TW20.

Hi Adam
genrally for Israel you would require an EUR1 for any european manufactured goods, please feel free to visit our website as we offer an export documentation service which may help you. www.cdn-consular.co.uk

Best Regards


Report inappropriate content

Toni Saraiva, on behalf of EISC Ltd in SO14.

Hi Adam

you can find some useful information from the Israeli websutes below:

and especially this page: http://www.moital.gov.il/NR/exeres/ADE1812D-CF28-4109-A90A-0E11E88F0D32.htm

I hope it helps


Report inappropriate content

Antony Stanbridge, on behalf of Livingston Ltd in TW11.

Hi Adam,
As some-one else has already mentioned (assuming that you are not going to bring the items to the UK first and distrubete from here) you would need to have either your supplier in Poland or some-one else to act as the exporter..(using your supplier opens this to them dealing directly with your customer's.)... they would need to provide the shipping documents (the documents needed, changes depending on destination...but normally a shipping invoice, possible EUR1, cert of origin and, as this is wood, possibly a fumigation type certification...bear in mind some countries have restictions on import of "plant/wood" products). Israel is one of those countries with restrictions on plant type products. If you weere bringing goods to the UK first and acting as subsequent exporter once goods are here you would need to produce those documents I mentioned.
Ultimatly the success of this will depend on who you use as the exporter and the relationship they have with a good freight forwarder.

Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

You should contact the Customs Authorities in Poland to ascertain their export requirements.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register