Export to India

Question posted by Rupert Derham, on behalf of Derham and Derham in CV22

I am looking to export to dairy products to India and would greatly appreciate some advice from someone with experience (not necessarily just dairy exporting but other foods) . If anyone can help and would be willing to share some knowledge I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks


Report inappropriate content

Amitabh Singh, on behalf of Coglobe UK Limited in India.

Dear Rupert,

One of our teams focuses On India Entry for UK businesses.

Please mail me your details and we can set up a call.

Amitabh singh

Report inappropriate content

Dipankar Chakraborty, on behalf of UK Trade & Investment India in Kolkata, India.

Dear Rupert,

I write to you from British Deputy High Commission in India. I work for UKTI department at the Deputy High Commission in Kolkata. UKTI works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice.

I will be pleased to assist you in your business venture in India. I would request you to ask me specific questions that you may have and I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Report inappropriate content


The Food & Drink Exporters Association has recently run a webinar programme on exporting food and drink to India and has excellent contacts in market. The UKTI food and drink team in New Delhi are a great source too.

If you would like to give a little more detail on the type of dairy product you are looking to export, we would be happy to explore how we can help.

Kind regards

Report inappropriate content

Philip Sucharyk, on behalf of NK Freight in WF1.

Hi Rupert,

My name is Philip Sucharyk. Our company, NK Freight, specialize in exporting and importing services. We would be delighted to help you with exporting your dairy produce. If you could send me your contact details to sales@nkfreight.co.uk, one of my colleagues will be happy to answer all of your questions and arrange for your shipment to India.
Hopefully this won't be a sour relationship!

In the meantime, we hope you have a good day.

with regards

Philip Sucharyk

Report inappropriate content

Defra Users, on behalf of Defra in SW1P.

Dear Rupert,

We can cover the specific question of exporting dairy products to India: you'll need to get an Export Health Certificate from the Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) – contact details and background below. We work with FDEA and UKTI (answers above) and would recommend that you get in touch with them on wider products.

In order to export animals or animal products outside the EU, the destination country will frequently require guarantees that the product complies with their sanitary (public health) and animal health rules. One means of assurance often used is the Export Health Certificate (EHC). This document, which accompanies the goods, is usually signed by a veterinarian acting on behalf of the Government. The EHC makes various assurances about the consignment and reflects the import requirements of the importing country at the time the certificate was agreed with them.

The Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) Specialist Service Centre for Exports in Carlisle is responsible for providing export health certificates where these exist. AHVLA works on behalf of the Department for the Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Scottish and Welsh Governments.

In respect to exporting dairy to India there is a certificate in place. However you will need to contact AHVLA directly to discuss the specifics and get advice on the use of this certificate and details of the import requirements contained with it.

You can contact the dairy team directly:

Meat and Dairy Products Team
(Exports of meat products, meat preparations and dairy products)
Email: MeatandDairyProducts.Carlisle@ahvla.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 01228 403600 (Option 2 then Option 3)

Best of luck and kind regards,


Follow us on twitter at @DefraFood for news and updates.

Report inappropriate content

Ryan Beck, on behalf of BF Projects Limited in BT3.


My name is Ryan from BF Projects in Belfast, I would be happy to help with any Export rates that you may need? We work closely with ALL Major shipping lines and can get the best rates in the Market today. You can contact me on the below

02890 371144


Report inappropriate content

Sarah Carroll, on behalf of Grow Global Limited in BN1.

Dear Rupert

Great to hear that you're looking to export your diary products to India.

UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) offers a service called the Export Communications Review (ECR) which can help you to optimise your website for international trade, making you visible in search engines in India. This will help you to generate new leads and sales online.

I am the accredited ECR consultant for UKTI in London and the South East If you'd like to find out more, please take a look at www.growglobal.com under Services or send us an email on ecr@growglobal.com.

Good luck with your international plans!


Report inappropriate content

Bryony Porcas, on behalf of Flo-FX in E1.

Hi Rupert,

My name is Bryony and I work for a company called Flo-FX. We are able to beat corporate bank rates on foreign currency exchange. Due to the fact we are a trading name of Ebury Partners (whose turnover last year was in the region of £1bn), we have virtually no overheads and so can substantially undercut banks and competitors. We carry out all the necessary KYC checks in line with FCA regulations and maintain a fervent desire to ensure all our clients receive the fastest, most efficient service possible.

Please send me an email on b.porcas@flo-fx.com or visit our website at www.flo-fx.com for more information.

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register