Export to India

Question posted by Melvin Munroe, on behalf of Global Distribution Impex in CV2

I would like to export milk and other products to India, do I need an Export licence, or any other Document.

Report inappropriate content

Darren Thomas, on behalf of Simpex Freight Management in LS15.

Good afternoon.

Please see below link that may help:


If you have any further questions or require any logistical guidance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Darren Thomas Business Development Manager
Tel: 0113 3970 461
Mob: 07979140007
Email: darren.thomas@simpexfm.com


***International Freight Services with Daily Departures from Leeds***


Simpex Freight Management Limited
4100 Park Approach
Thorpe Park
LS15 8GB

Tel: 01133 970 460 | Web: www.simpexfm.com

Report inappropriate content

Shruti Sharma, on behalf of UK Trade & Investment India in Delhi, India.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your enquiry.

My colleague Kiran Sharma who leads on Food & Drink sector in India shall be responding to your query shortly.


Report inappropriate content

Defra Users, on behalf of Defra in SW1P.

Hi Darren

To export milk and/or dairy products to India you will require an Export Health Certificate. You can contact the AHVLA Centre for International Trade (Carlisle) on meatanddairy@ahvla.gsi.gov.uk. They can advise you in detail on export requirements and also issue the necessary certificates.

Best wishes

Report inappropriate content

Thanks guys for all the advice much appreciated.

Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

nformation on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website www.hmrc.gov.uk under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

Further detailed information regarding exporting goods outside the EU can be found on our website by using the following link:


You may find the Export Best Practice Guide particularly helpful.

I would also suggest that you may like to contact D.E.F.R.A. (Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs). They can be contacted by telephone on 08459 335577 or by email at helpline@defra.gsi.gov.uk

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register