do I need a license to export some car parts from UK to Dubai?

Question posted by Reza Danesh, on behalf of El TTrezz Co Ltd in M40

my partner has asked me to send him numbers of car parts from UK (Manchester) to Dubai. it's the first time I'm doing it and I have poor knowledge of this business, so I appreciate you if you can assist me to gain some necessary information toward this purpose.
It's really good if you could let me know primary steps which I should take from start up on into this business as am serious to do this.
thank you so much for all your effort toward helping us to be a successful trader. :)
"EL Trezz"

Report inappropriate content

Dawn Henderson, on behalf of Consolidated Carriers Ltd in KA10.

Hello Reza,

Unfortunately I don't have much information on the export licences required, however the following link may be of assistance to you: It's a link to the Dubai Customs website and outlines the customs procedures and declarations which are required.

At CCL, we deal with exports from the UK to UAE on a daily basis, so if you're looking for some shipping quotations, a regular shipping solution or even advice on the best way to package your items, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will look at your shipping requirements and negotiate a shipping solution with our various logistics partners, in order to get you a) the right fit solution for your business and the goods you're sending b) a cost-effective and reliable shipping service from the UK to Dubai.

If this is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01292 310 510 or email us on We wish you the best of luck with your business.

Kind regards,
Dawn Henderson
Consolidated Carriers Ltd

Report inappropriate content

You need to work out your costs before you can make this a business.

You need to work out a tariff code for each of your car parts see

Also take a look at Use the tariff code to access data about what is needed for the export and the import.


Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting is given in HMRC Public Notice 275. All notices can be found on our website under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

I would also suggest that you contact the Customs Authorities in Dubai to ascertain if there are any import restrictions on such items.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content


Hi Reza,

My Agents in Dubai advise the following:
The importer should have valid trade licence and a customs code for import.
If the importers licence shows trading of auto spare parts, then it should not be a problem.
From the UK side you do not need any licence to Export. You may require a Certificate of Origin if the receiver in Dubai asks for one, other than that all you require is a Commercial Invoice and Packing List then we can ship the goods on our weekly groupage service.
For further information you may contact me on the below email: or tel: 01268 289653

Hope this helps

Best Regards


Report inappropriate content

ervin chapman, on behalf of arg in United States. see on this site answer is here

Report inappropriate content

ervin chapman, on behalf of arg in United States.

<a href="">>

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register