Are there specific documents required for exporting hop pellets to Venezeula

Question posted by Kieron Irving, on behalf of Botanix Ltd in TN12

Being asked to ship a number of samples of hop pellets to a customer in Venezeula which will hopefully lead to further sizeable orders. As this is this first, wish to get things right from the start. I believe I need a Phytosanitary Cert but are there any other specific docs required?

Report inappropriate content

Dear Kieron
we would suggest that you asked the Venezuela consignee precisely what documents
were required to clear customs and governmental control in Venezuela ,
if further info and freight rates are required please contact us directly
on 01263 513127 or email ;
best regards
Colin @ Crown Freight

Report inappropriate content

Graciela Carlyle, on behalf of GC Translations in WF4.

Hello Kieron,

It is very possible that you will need the documents required translated into Spanish.

If this is the case, please feel free to contact me directly for a quote at

Best wishes,

Grace Carlyle
GC Translations

Report inappropriate content

Ian Mason, on behalf of HLB International in Venezuela.

Dear Kieron,

I agree with the response from Crown Freight above. It would be sensible to seek details of what documentation and clearances were required from the Venezuelan customer or consignee. If they are unable to provide this information, come back to me with details of the product, quantities and customer and I will check to see if we can find out from this end.

Ian Mason
Head of Trade and Investment
British Embassy Caracas

Report inappropriate content

Did you know there is a really useful free online database which tells you all the necessary export documentation paperwork required when exporting to a non eu country?
you will need to know your tarrif code or you can search for the code using keywords if you are unsure and the database takes you through the various customs, tax, and legal requirements for the country you are exporting to, for that particular product or in general.

If you are not sure how to use it, you can call your local Enterprise Europe Network team who will be very happy to take you through it:

I hope this helps.
kind regards

Report inappropriate content

HMRC Advisor, on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs in G67.

Information on the Customs requirements for exporting are given in HMRC Public Notice 275 found on our website under Quick Links > Library > Official Statistics – Publications – Notices, Info Sheets & Other Reference Materials > Import, Export & International Trade. The Public Notices are in numerical order.

HM Revenue & Customs
Customs International Trade & Excise

Report inappropriate content


It would be advisable to have your documentation translated into South American Spanish. This would immediately get you on the good side of your customer, make things as easy as possible fpr them, and encourage them to buy more from you.
Repeat for every order (cf. how often do you see BMW product data in German, targeted for the UK?).

Our ISO-controlled translation service is at your disposal if you would like assistance. Drop me an email at

Thanks and regards

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register