Any restrictions exporting babies milk powder from UK to China?

Question posted by michael jeffries, on behalf of yellmex Limited in SL6

Are there any restrictions in UK or in China in this trade

Report inappropriate content

Sian Williams, on behalf of Yell in RG1.

Hi Michael,

Open to Export is running a webinar on Getting Started in China Thursday 21st, which might be useful for you.

Why don't you register here to join. If you are not available at this time we will be posting the webinar on the site at a later date where you can watch it online.

Good luck!

Open to Export Team

Report inappropriate content

Jun Zhao, on behalf of Machuan International Education Consultancy in United Kingdom.

6 cans per address so far.

Report inappropriate content

Ryan Beck, on behalf of BF Projects Limited in BT3.


We are a freight forwarding company based in Belfast, If you want to get in touch i will be happy to help with any export rates you need for the baby milk you are exporting to China


Report inappropriate content

Defra Users, on behalf of Defra in SW1P.

Dear Michael,

If you are exporting animals or animal products, including milk powder, from the UK to outside of the EU you will need comply with the importing country’s importing requirements. These often require an Export Health Certificate (EHC) and it is the responsibility of the exporter to ensure that they are fully compliant with the necessary import rules.

The Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) Specialist Service Centre for Exports in Carlisle can provide Export Health Certificates where these are available. AHVLA works on behalf of the Department for the Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Scottish and Welsh Governments. For exports from Northern Ireland, EHCs may be obtained from the Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (DARD).

AHVLA & DARD as appropriate will be able to advise on the use of EHCs and you should contact them direct:

AHVLA Meat and Dairy Products Team; Email:; Telephone: 01228 403600 (Option 2 then Option 3)

Exporters in Northern Ireland should contact the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development:

Because import conditions can change, EHC can become out-of-date, exporters are always advised to check with their importers or the authorities in the importing country first.

You should be aware that under EU law, infant formula exported to a country outside the EU must be labelled in a language appropriate to the country you are exporting it to.

If you are exporting milk powder from places other than the UK you will need to check with the local relevant authorities, as the process for export health certification will vary.

Best wishes,

Follow us on twitter at @DefraFood for news and updates.

Report inappropriate content

To respond to this question, please Login or Register