The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has teamed up with The Grocer to share the secrets of the “Exporter of the Year” finalists in the Grocer Gold Awards 2013.
The Grocer Gold Awards, one of the biggest nights in the food and drink industry’s calendar, recognise high level of service and innovation in the industry. We hope these case studies help inspire others so we see more of the UK’s excellent food and drink showcased on the global stage.
- How Tyrells Crisps take a piece of England around the world… all from a small farm in Herefordshire using unique branding and innovation.
- How Fever Tree have established themselves as the drinks mixers specialists globally, pioneering a new premium mixer category and restoring taste and quality to the forgotten mixer.
- How Goody Good Stuff’s pioneering gummy sweet maximised its great USP by using a segmented export strategy and targeted specific trade shows.
- How Sun Mark exports British supermarket products to over 100 countries with staggering results and with highly effective market penetration.
- How Ella’s kitchen became the first global premium food brand for pre-schoolers.
UK food and drink is already known the world over for its quality, and with surging population growth and demand for western products, there are huge opportunities for producers to tap into established and emerging markets.
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) are working in partnership with the food and drink industry on an action plan to increase exports in the farming, food and drink sector. It sets out how we will:
- open more markets and remove trade barriers.
- promote our industry at important overseas trade events.
- encourage more companies to export and support those who already do so.
You can keep up to speed with the latest information and advice concerning our work on food and drink by following our new twitter account @DefraFood.
Countries: Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Oceania
Topics: Getting Started and Sales & Marketing