This is a piece of advice to customers wishing to export Scrap Rubber Tyres, Shredded Rubber Tyres, Rubber Crumb, Carbon Black or any product made from Scrap tyres. Before you make any sales you should ensure firstly that your buyer has the relevant Licence to import restricted commodities together with his confirmation licence to state that he is authorised to import the said commodities.
The copy Licence MUST detail and highlight the products they can Import.
Then when you have obtained all of this information you should speak to the below person to ensure that YOU the Exporter have all the required criteria to Export this cargo abroad:
International Waste Shipments Team –
Part of National Operations Environment Agency
Tel: +44 1925 542672
Fax:+44 1925 542105
Once you have collated all of this information you may then contact us for rates and services. 98% of Shipping Lines DO NOT ship Scrap abroad.
The shipping lines who do carry Waste and Scrap Tyres/Rubber when quoting and before accepting any bookings have the following clause.
Regulation Note: For Scrap Commodities and inline with EU Regulation 1013/2006 The responsibility for the adherence of this regulation is the responsibility of the SHIPPER and in the event of any costs / or fines incurred due to non compliance the costs for the same will be for the SHIPPERS / CARGOES account.
- Both Shipper and Consignee must have qualified AQSIQ Registration number
- NO To order of Bill Of Lading will b e accepted, straight consignments only
- Incase if any denied entry ALL costs incurred, including return or disposal charges would be for the cargo owners (SHIPPERS) ACCOUNT. Cargo cannot be
- diverted under any circumstances.
- Full Shipper and Consignee details must be provided at time of booking for cross checking with the ELA
- The shipments must be accompanied by an Annexe V11 consignment note (clear copy to be attached to inside of each container) and there must be a contract specified in article 18 (2) “Waste shipments Regulation” in place.
- You must note that you CANNOT export your product until you have supplied us/carrier with the correct paperwork mentioned and this must be in a clear and readable
- format. Ship your goods without it and you become open to very heavy fines from the Environmental Agency, the carrier, and YOU are responsible for all quay rent and
- demurrage costs incurred whether it is in the UK or at destination and this includes any costs to return the goods to its origin point.
For further assistance please contact us on 01268 289653 – Ian Robery or John Brosnan.
Topics: Transport & Logistics